This project is a partnership between Latitude 23 Arts Inc and Arts Central Qld Inc.
Latitude 23 Arts Inc is a new community-based arts group, formerly The Mill Gallery Yeppoon Inc., an active venue and voice in the arts scene in CQ since 2000.
Our vision is simple: to grow a vibrant art community and create opportunities for the professional development of artists through a variety of activities, initiatives and projects; created collaboratively by artists, for artists.
About the LimeLife 500 Microgrant
- 10 Microgrants available at $500 each. We welcome collaborations at $500 per artist.
- Microgrants are provided as $400 upfront, with $100 upon completion (acquittal) by 30 September 2020.
- Visual artists aged 18 or older are eligible to apply. Early career artists are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are only online at https://artscqinc.org.au
- The application will be assessed and artists will be chosen by a panel formed by Latitude 23 Arts Inc and Arts Central.
- Current members of Latitude 23 Arts Inc. are ineligible to apply.
- Recipients of the Microgrant will receive 12 months membership to both Latitude 23 Arts Inc and Arts Central QId. This creates many new opportunities for you on the Arts Central website and various social media platforms. Go to https://artscqinc.org.au/about/ to find out more.
- First payment of the Microgrants to successful artists commencing early June 2020.
What you need to submit by 4pm Monday 11 May 2020
- TELL US: Submission is by a one page idea – use words or picture board or other ways that you chose to outline your project. Tell us about your purpose; describe the project with passion and provide a simple budget or costing.
- SURPRISE US: Your project can be any idea or for any purpose that assists you to consolidate your arts career. For example: product design, professional development opportunity; marketing help; mentoring; concepts for new work or other achievable ideas.
- YOU THE ARTIST: Tell us about your arts practice. A CV is just one acceptable form. You choose how to describe your artist self. 1 A4 page limit.
- 3 jpg images of your work (no greater than 2mb each) labelled with name, date and media.
- We may ask you for extra information about your project.
- Provide evidence that you reside in Central Queensland.
Successful grant recipient responsibilities
- Participate in group mentoring session/s during the project. Individual mentoring may be available.
- Make an ongoing active contribution as a member of the new Latitude 23 Arts group to help us shape our future.
- Opportunity as an Arts Central member to create your artist profile on the ACQI website.
- Submit a report and acquittal to Arts Central by 30 September 2020.
- Take part in events and media activities to promote the LimeLife 500 Microgrant project.
- Use the grant in the spirit it has been given: to further your arts career and to share your experiences with other artists. It must be COVID-19 friendly.
Submissions to: https://artscqinc.org.au ;
All enquiries email email@example.com